Sunday, September 8, 2013

Response to Peer Post

I agree completely with Talia's post. I believe that there is always a reason for one's actions. Talia's attitude toward the narrator at the beginning of the novel was the same attitude I felt toward him. I though he would not consider other people's reasons for doing what they do and just regarded his ways as the best ways of life. This attitude is wrong, however, as the novel progressed we soon understand why he takes such actions toward his motorcycle. The unfortunate event with the mechanic and his motorcycle explains why he refuses to let anyone fix his bike other than himself now, and that is completely understandable. There is. A logical reason behind his actions.

I found interesting Talia's comment on people's assurance. I completely agree. Yes, people's suggestions and reviews may help tremendously when considering different options in life, such as a doctor (like Talia's example), however everybody's experience and situation is different, and therefore, that leads to different outcomes which may or may not be similar to the reviews and suggestions.

I had the same overall reaction as Talia toward the narrators explanation on ghosts and the role of the mind with existent and nonexistent aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment