Sunday, September 8, 2013

Reaction to Chapter 3

As far as I am concerned the first two chapters of the book would have discouraged any reader from continuing to read. Honestly, had it not been required of me to read this book, I would not have done so pas the first two chapters. Once I reached the third chapter however, i have become more interested. I have found many similarities between the narrator and I myself, besides the obvious fact that we both like motorcycles. Much like the narrator I like to do things myself and solve problems on my own. 
Regarding the storyline, I am a little disappointed in the inclusion of a ghost simply because I have never been one to believe in the supernatural and thus the addition of this element into the storyline has taken away some of the realism in the story and has detracted from the pleasure of reading this novel. 

The idea of the unknown and how reality may not actually be how we perceive it does bring some of that pleasure back because that is a very interesting perspective of the world that I have never really contemplated. I really enjoy reading Pirsig's perspective on this because it gives me insight on a different view of the world around us. Overall I did enjoy the reading of chapter three much more than that of the previous two chapters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment