Sunday, September 8, 2013

Reaction to Jose Novas' comment

For the most part I believe we all agree that the third chapter of the novel is significantly better or, at least easier to read that the previous two. However, I do disagree with Jose on the Narrators view of ghosts and his belief that everything in science is a ghost. Let me put it this way, a ghost in my eyes is something that cannot be detected by the normal human senses: it cannot be seen, heard, felt, smelled, or tasted. Therefore it is something that cannot be proven to exist. Science on the other hand, can be seen. You can see how a pendulum swings and creates energy, you can smell two chemicals reacting, etc. This leads me to conclude that science unlike ghosts, can be proven to exist and therefore does not have to be taken on faith. 


I do agree with Jose that the narrators view on the law of gravity is flawed. I agree with Jose that everything exists, and whether or not its has been discovered is a different question. I found it amusing when I read Jose’s comment that as I was reading the novel I was thinking of the same example about the animals/plants that have not been discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment