Sunday, September 15, 2013

Reaction to Jose's Post

I agree with Jose in that the reader can relate to the situation between the narrator and John and Sylvia in chapter 4. The examples Jose gives have happened to me as well so I was able to relate perfectly with the actions occurring in the book. Even best friends can get annoyed at each other for little things sometimes, but at the end they notice its not worth being frustrated or annoyed about it. It is much more enjoying to be in good terms with them, especially if you are traveling together, to make the most out of the trip. 

The example of waking up early in the morning when none of your friends are awake brought me back memories. I am usually the first to wake up so that instance has happened to me many times. I am in total agreement with Jose. We always wake up and think for a while about random thoughts that come up in your head. Remember what you did yesterday, wonder what you are going to eat for breakfast, and ask yourself what are you going to do today? Then these thoughts get boring and you are left with nothing to do, except waking up your friends. 

I though the way the author chose to list out the items carried by the narrator was interesting. It mad me notice how much stuff a motorcycle rider needs with him at all times during a long trip, and it relates back to the title, focusing on motorcycles and the tools required for their maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment