Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thesis Statement + Outline

I decided to base my paper on the topic of quality. Since Pirsig dedicates most of his time to it in his book, and Phaedrus and the narrator both talk about it extensively, I will attempt to define it as well, and try to explain how it relates to everyone in different ways.

Thesis statement: The definition of quality is a peculiar one since it is not set in stone, but rather, has different definitions and different applications and meanings for every single individual. This is thus the reason for the debates and difficulties to explain such a powerful and meaningful world that affects all individuals in a different manner.

Outline: The Essence of Quality

I. The difficulty to define quality
II. The different uses and definitions of quality
III. My definition of quality
IV. The importance of knowing what is quality

No comments:

Post a Comment