Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thesis Statement and Outline

After careful consideration of all four topics that I have previously devised,  I have chosen to write about the importance of having a passion in life. I have chosen this topic because I feel that I can incorporate some of my ideas for the other topics into this essay and this will make for a better, more complete, and more interesting paper.

Thesis:
Pirsig introduces many ideas and themes throughout the novel but they all stem from one main idea: passion. He uses the narrator's passion of motorcycles and Phaedrus's passion for learning to allow himself to explain highly philosophical ideas to his readers.

Outline:
I. Passion for motorcycles to maintain at peace
II. Passion for motorcycles to explain technology
III. Passion for learning used to teach others
IV. Passion for learning used to change system of rewarding students

No comments:

Post a Comment