Sunday, February 23, 2014

Comment on Rodrigo's post

I think your holding onto your values topic is really interesting and I like it because it somewhat relates to my topic that people never change. I think you did a way better job than I did though of explaining it and being able to turn into a term paper. The examples you give are very supportive of the overall topic and when elaborated on, I think will make a great paper. It is almost as if you can't escape your true self because although Pirsig tries to get rid of Phaedrus by understanding him, he ultimately goes back to his old ways.

Although The theme I spoke about above is very good, i think, as Talia mentioned, that your strongest theme is the one about defining quality. Not only is most of the book dedicated to this one word, as you said, but it leaves much room for different opinions. It would be interesting to see how you incorporate your personal thoughts on quality and discuss those of Pirsig and Phaedrus. There is a lot of material you could use for this topic and the ideas you have in your explanation are well thought out and intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment