Sunday, February 23, 2014

Comment on Jose's Themes

Strongest: I think your strongest theme is the one where you talk about the fact that we can't figure everything out through rational thinking.  I personally agree with this theme and I think that it would probably be easy to write about seeing as that it also goes with what we are discussing in class right now. To make it better, I think you would probably have to find some specific situations in which you can see that rational thinking does not help Phaedrus at all. You could also probably discuss the idea that maybe rational thinking does not always help us since rationale is not really a thing, if that makes any sense. By that I mean that rationale is just something that human created in order to say that this is wrong and this is right. You could bring that into your argument to talk about how it affect rational thinking helping us sometimes and not with others.

Weakest: I don't really like the people never really change theme. Though I do think it has the potential to be a good research paper, I don't think you supported it really well in your argument. If it becomes difficult to support it in one paragraph, supporting in throughout an entire paper might be even more difficult. I do think that what you pointed out in your paragraph below the introduction of the theme is interesting, though. Maybe you could find another theme or idea that goes along with that paragraph because it does have the potential to inspire a good research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment