Sunday, November 17, 2013

Comment

I want to comment on Talia's post because I am not sure that she explained herself correctly when she says that she is scared of the ideas presented in this novel. Though I agree that some of Pirsig's ideas are a bit unsettling, I do not find them applicable to real life. I find that the more people dawn on the unknown, the less they focus on real life and the world around them. I feel that reading this book is like watching a scary movie, its shocking as you're in the middle of it, but once you're done you can't think about it too much because it will not bring you any good. I think that Philosophy is not for everyone and it is definitely not for me. I am too pragmatic and square minded for the abstract ideas that philosophy encompasses. I appreciate what Pirsig tries to explain to the readers but I do not feel that it is necessary to think that way. In fact, I think that it is harmful to many people because it distracts them from the real world and their mundane goals. This novel, is not for me as it creates a lot of confusion and it clearly is not for Talia either because it causes anxiety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment