Sunday, November 17, 2013

Comment to Jose's Post

     I really understand what Jose is saying in his post. I felt the same way- my thoughts were changing drastically with each turn of a page. I really did not know what to think at some times because much of what was being said felt so radical to me. This is one of the reasons why I am not the biggest fan of philosophical readings. I know that they are enlightening in that they cause you to think of new things and change your ideas- it that makes me feel uneasy. I do not like the feeling of thinking that everything I have learned for so long is just wrong. I like that it gives me a new way of thinking but I really hate that it can completely disprove everything of that I have learned, if learning exists that is. 
    Like Jose I believe that the more we learn the less we known. I found it interesting that he connected it to the lecture just as I did. It is nice to know that someone thinks in the same manner as you sometimes. I found the comment that he made about the three institutions being made up to be interesting as well. The institutions are made up in that without civilization these things do not exist. Looked at simply, these things do not even exist in animal's lives. They are simply methods of control that people have created in order to instill " calm and order" amongst people. They are only methods of control. At the same time, I get that the Church is a form of manipulation but I cannot help but get my faith from the Church. I cannot completely degrade it knowing that the faith the Church has given me has gotten me through so many things I do not think I could have gotten through alone. I understand that the Church manipulates you to think exactly that- that you cannot do it alone- but I am still thankful for the faith the Church brings me. 
- Talia Akerman

No comments:

Post a Comment