Sunday, October 27, 2013

Comment On Talia's Post

I also, like Danny disagree with Talia. Although Pirsig is a bit judgmental and he can get annoying at times, you can't really blame him for it. As Danny said, the book is narrated in his point of view. If it were narrated by John, he would be judgmental as well and we would read about how muchh Pirsig was slowing them down. We would read John's complaints when he spoke to Sylvia about how annoying and ridiculous Pirsig was being for riding his motorcycle so slow. It's all based on perspective. Whether we like it or not, we are all judgmental and we can't avoid it. As I said on the video discussion, being judgmental is a unlike quality that all humans are unable to control.

However, I agree with the Talia on the fact that I'm not entirely certain of whether Phaedrus is a ghost or not. Although in my blog this week I state that Phaedrus is his second personality, I'm not one hundred percent convinced. If you think about it, how does he know so much about this "thing" if he has never met him. As of now, like Talia, i have no idea where this book is going and what it's overall meaning or point is. Nevertheless, I want to find out. I like the fact that Pirsig keeps this mystery alive because it makes me want to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment