Sunday, October 27, 2013

Comment on Talia's post

I find myself in complete disagreement with Talia when it comes to the narrator's "annoying judgemental attitude". I do see why she may think that the narrator is judgemental but I do not see it as a problem. I agree with his philosophy that everyone who rides a motorcylce consistently should know at least the basics of motorcycle maintenance. As for his judegements on John and Sylvia, I see them as natural. Every person aside from Mersault has judgements and the only reason why his are expressed so prevalently in the novel is because the story is told a in the first person and thus he expresses his judgements to himself like Talia expresses her judgements about him to herself. He does not express these judgements to other people nor does he talk badly about John so I do not see why these Judgements are a problem.
I do share Talia's confusion about the ghost and who or what he represents. Similarly I agree with her when she talks about the ghost's role in the story and why he is no longer portrayed as something to be feared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment