Sunday, October 27, 2013

Comment on Rodrigo's post

     Though Rodrigo seems to be a lot more certain of the fact that Phaedrus is indeed a person, I do agree with a lot of what he says. Unlike Rodrigo I am not 100% sure that Phaedrus is a person but I am becoming increasingly believing of the fact. I found it humorous that Rodrigo commented on the rambling of the narrator being similar to that of a professor. Though I had not thought of it at first, I find it to be insanely accurate. Though I am sure there is some kind of philosophical component to the words of the narrator or Phaedrus, I found it to just go on and on without any point to it. It seemed exactly lie one of those teachers that goes off on a tangent and you are left with no clue of what is occurring. I too, was unable to understand the purpose of the differentiation between romantic and classical perspectives on things. It seemed to be very besides the point of the story. But, then again, I am not Pirsig and I do not really know what "the point of the story" is yet. I hope that the latter chapters do prove that this rambling had some sort of meaning or connection to the rest of the novel.
- Talia Akerman

No comments:

Post a Comment