Sunday, December 8, 2013

Comment on Jose's Post


I don’t think that Pirsig meant to comment on the materialism of things when he made that comment. Nonetheless, I do not disagree with the statement Jose is making. Although I myself find it slightly strange to be worshipping God in a cafeteria versus the typical Church setting, there really is not anything wrong with it. There should be no reason why we are bound to the four walls of a Church building to pray. If we want to worship God in our own home we can, so why would it be wrong to worship him in a cafeteria setting?
As well as Jose I strongly agree with the statement that Pirsig had made about how “we are never dedicated to something that we have complete confidence in”.  I did feel kind of strange about the statement though. While I recognized it as true I could not find any examples of the validity of the statement within my own life. I like the point Jose made about religion, but I do not agree with it wholeheartedly. People are not dedicated to their religion because they are trying to make it sound believable to outsiders. People are typically devoted to their religion because it gives them a sense of security and a faith to get through things that they feel they would not be able to manage “alone”.
- Talia Akerman  

No comments:

Post a Comment