Sunday, August 25, 2013

Response to Peer Comment


I agree with Juan’s comment in the sense that I was excited to read about motorcycles, not about some man’s experiences in long, dull, motorcycle trips with his friends. I would also agree that I find it hard to believe that one can find peace and meditation while riding a two wheeled animal that at any moment can end your life. To add to his comment on how ridiculous this is, I would like to say that my experiences on motorcycles have all been fast paced, adrenaline pumping and the furthest from relaxing possible. I do believe however, that Juan has been too quick to judge the novel because we have not experienced the narrator enough to be certain that his ideas are ridiculous or that his thoughts are shallow and meaningless as Juan implies. Like Talia, I disagree with Juan that the novel has not taught us anything. It has opened up the narrators mind on what life is really about. Additionally it has demonstrated a controversy that I was unaware of on how to cope with technology. I can honestly say that I did not know there where people who attempted to run away from technology as the novel states. 

No comments:

Post a Comment