Sunday, August 25, 2013

An Introduction filled with Nature and Arguments/Complaints

Through the first few pages of the book I thought that the entire plot of the story was going to be filled with nature appreciation and nothing more. A group of friends riding their motorcycles down local roads looking at nature and enjoying life. However, at certain points in the story I felt that some of the characters, especially the narrator, weren't in complete peace with life as the first few pages demonstrated. He often criticizes others that do not follow his way of life. An example is John and the way he deals with his motorcycle maintenance. While the narrator likes to take care of his own bike, John prefers leaving it at the hands of an experienced mechanic. When they get into an argument about what's best John always tries to change the subject but the narrator keeps the argument going, its as if he likes arguing.
One aspect I enjoyed about the story so far is how it describes riding the countryside with a group of bikers. I often see them on the highway when I travel and never got to experience what it is like riding in groups. It gave me a brief description of an experience I haven't lived through yet but hopefully have the opportunity to do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment